1. Making a gift to a highly rated, respected, efficient charity that works in Uganda, like Save the Children.
2. Join the Kiva nerdfighters group and lend to entrepreneurs in Uganda, the DRC, and other nations affected by the LRA.
3. Remind yourself always to do some research before giving to any organization, like for instance by making a quick visit to charity navigator.
4. Remember that the masturbatory habits and/or substance abuse problems of cofounders of charities are not nearly as important as the work those charities do and the efficiency with which they do it. I, for one, am far more concerned that Ugandans seem generally disgusted with Kony 2012 movement than I am with this news.
5. Acknowledging that the LRA sucked 10 years ago, and sucks today, and will suck tomorrow, and that it remains our job to pay attention in a patient and sustained way to the world in which we find ourselves.